A Question of Identity
Identity governance for employees is much more manageable than governance of third-party users.
Managed fully by a single department (Human Resources or People Operations), the identity lifecycle of an employee is typically an orderly progression of managed activity, from the opening of a position, to the selection of candidates, the offer, screening and onboarding activities, managing access, job transfers, and termination. While other departments may be involved, a single team is accountable for communication, progression, and meeting corporate requirements. HR technologies typically integrate with downstream technologies such as IT Ticketing and IAM systems which have the ability to kick off and track workflows.
The identity governance of third-party users is far more chaotic and less linear. For starters, even large enterprises often lack formal procurement vetting and identity management processes for third parties, and responsibilities are often distributed across lines of business, Legal, HR, Compliance, and Information Security. A third-party relationship needs to be managed by resources within (sponsors) and outside (delegates) of the organization. Current disconnects in this process and lack of transparency into third-party identities often heighten risks including over-provisioned and orphaned accounts.
Making Third-Party Identity Risk Management Easy with SecZetta
Miss Our Webinar with Cargill on Third-Party Identity Risk, To Buy? Or to Build?
View the recording and download the slides todayDownload Now
Miss Our Latest Webinar with Airbus on Managing Supply Chain Access, Efficiently & Securely?
Watch the recording of the webinar and download the slides today.View the Webinar
SecZetta Can Help
Our Third-Party Identity Risk solution provides a comprehensive set of capabilities that help organizations improve operational efficiency and reduce the cost and risk of managing third-party identities. Because third parties are widely acknowledged by security professionals as high risk, SecZetta gives special consideration to risk related to the individual’s identity when providing insider access to facilities, systems, and data.
With SecZetta, organizations have better transparency into their dynamic relationships with each individual third-party identity and are thus able to make well-informed, risk-based decisions about provisioning, verifying, and deprovisioning access.
The solution addresses the limitations that have long prevailed in homegrown, HR, and IAM solutions and uniquely offers:
- A purpose built, authoritative source of non-employee data.
- User-configurable portals that enable organizations to drive collaborative and continuous non-employee data collection from both internal and external resources.
- A hybrid solution for identity and third-party risk management
- Identity consolidation that creates and maintains a global user identifier — regardless of location, division, employment status, subsidiary, etc.
- Specialized use case support for industries, M&A, and non-employee types ranging from volunteers, students, independent contractors, freelancers, partners and non-humans like bots, service accounts, and IoT devices.
- Dynamic relationship management for organizations to capture the multi-dimensional relationships they often have with non-employees.
- Standardized API actions (SOAP, REST) that ease integrations with systems like: HRIS, IGA, IAM, identity proofing, vendor and risk management, licensing validation, and credentialing validation.
- Risk ratings at the individual identity level.
How We Do It
Third-Party Identity Lifecycle Management
- Central repository for all third-party, non-employee data
- Purpose-built to manage human and non-human third-party users
- Easily integrates with IGA, IAM, and other identity verification providers
- Pre-set access termination time
- One step offboarding for all identities associated with a single, third-party organization
- Robust reporting to provide visibility of your highest risk identities (non-employees)
Identity Risk Modeling
- Risk rate for each individual third-party identity
- Inherit risk from employer third-party risk assessment
- Proprietary risk scoring methodology
- Set thresholds to trigger conditional approvals
- Integrate with existing vendor risk solutions for holistic view of exposure
- Automate workflows to support identity re-validation audits