A Question of Identity
Identity governance for employees is much more manageable than governance of third-party users.
Managed fully by a single department (Human Resources or People Operations), the identity lifecycle of an employee is typically an orderly progression of managed activity, from the opening of a position, to the selection of candidates, the offer, screening and onboarding activities, managing access, job transfers, and termination. While other departments may be involved, a single team is accountable for communication, progression, and meeting corporate requirements. HR technologies typically integrate with downstream technologies such as IT Ticketing and IAM systems which have the ability to kick off and track workflows.
The identity governance of third-party users is far more chaotic and less linear. For starters, even large enterprises often lack formal procurement vetting and identity management processes for third parties, and responsibilities are often distributed across lines of business, Legal, HR, Compliance, and Information Security. A third-party relationship needs to be managed by resources within (sponsors) and outside (delegates) of the organization. Current disconnects in this process and lack of transparency into third-party identities often heighten risks including over-provisioned and orphaned accounts.
Making Third-Party Identity Risk Management Easy with SecZetta
Miss Our Webinar with Cargill on Third-Party Identity Risk, To Buy? Or to Build?
View the recording and download the slides todayDownload Now
Third-Party Identity Risk Solution Product Tour
SecZetta’s Third-Party Identity Risk Solution enables your organization to automate processes for all of your third-party non-employees and establish zero trust, risk-based identity access throughout their entire lifecycle. Start your self-guided tour…Take the Tour
SecZetta Can Help
Our Third-Party Identity Risk solution provides a comprehensive set of capabilities that help organizations improve operational efficiency and reduce the cost and risk of managing third-party identities. Because third parties are widely acknowledged by security professionals as high risk, SecZetta gives special consideration to risk related to the individual’s identity when providing insider access to facilities, systems, and data.
With SecZetta, organizations have better transparency into their dynamic relationships with each individual third-party identity and are thus able to make well-informed, risk-based decisions about provisioning, verifying, and deprovisioning access.
The solution addresses the limitations that have long prevailed in homegrown, HR, and IAM solutions and uniquely offers:
- A purpose built, authoritative source of non-employee data.
- User-configurable portals that enable organizations to drive collaborative and continuous non-employee data collection from both internal and external resources.
- A hybrid solution for identity and third-party risk management
- Identity consolidation that creates and maintains a global user identifier — regardless of location, division, employment status, subsidiary, etc.
- Specialized use case support for industries, M&A, and non-employee types ranging from volunteers, students, independent contractors, freelancers, partners and non-humans like bots, service accounts, and IoT devices.
- Dynamic relationship management for organizations to capture the multi-dimensional relationships they often have with non-employees.
- Standardized API actions (SOAP, REST) that ease integrations with systems like: HRIS, IGA, IAM, identity proofing, vendor and risk management, licensing validation, and credentialing validation.
- Risk ratings at the individual identity level.
- Risk ratings can be assessed for individual third-party identities
- Automated workflows can be created to support identity re-validation audits
- Transparency into third-party relationships results in less over-provisioning and timelier deprovisioning
- Standardized APIs ease integrations for identity proofing, licensing validation, and credentialing systems
- An authoritative source for third parties helps avoid misclassification or co-employment
- Audits can be streamlined, reducing manual processes
- Automate time-consuming and costly manual processes with customizable workflows
- Speed time to value for new non-employees with accurate and efficient provisioning
- Cut the high cost of maintaining non-employee data in HR and contingent labor systems
- Reduce the risk and costs associated with misclassification of employees and co-employment violations
- Stop supporting costly proprietary systems that struggle to meet evolving requirements
Improve Operational Efficiency
- Timely, accurate, and actionable information from a centralized, authoritative source for non-employee data
- Collaboration hubs enable internal & external resources to input information needed for third parties
- “No-code” design allows users to customize portals and workflows without technical resource support
- Workflows accelerate onboarding, simplify audits, and enable timely deprovisioning
- Standardized APIs ease integrations for: HRIS, IGA, IAM, vendor, and risk management systems