Identity Challenges for Franchisors and Retailers
While the operational challenges of utilizing third parties are often recognized, a potentially more impactful issue is unmeasured risk exposure. The 2018 Ponemon Institute supply chain study found that over half of organizations have had their data breached by a vendor.
Franchisors and Retailers have tried to address some of the operational challenges by utilizing HR systems to improve third-party identity management and Vendor Management Systems to measure risk but these “fixes” typically don’t solve the problem and frequently introduce more issues. In fact, not only do HR systems lack collaborative onboarding capabilities needed for third parties, they are usually very costly, and expose the organization to misclassification of employment risk.
They need a solution built from the ground up that creates an authoritative source of supply chain data at the individual level, automates key workflows related to onboarding and offboarding, and importantly mitigates the risk of utilizing supply chain and vendors resources.
Third-Party Identity Risk Solution Franchise Product Tour
SecZetta’s Third-Party Identity Risk Solution enables your organization to automate processes for all of your third-party non-employees and establish zero trust, risk-based identity access throughout their entire lifecycle. Start your self-guided tour…
Read Our Unique Franchise Use Cases
- Reduce the Chaos, Cost, and Risk of Providing Access to Convenience Store Third-Party Suppliers and Non-Employees
- Reduce the Chaos, Cost, and Risk of Providing Access to Fast Food Industry Third-Party Suppliers and Non-Employees
- Purpose-Built For The Hospitality Industry – Identity Authority For Non-Employee Lifecycle Management Provides Cost-Savings, Collaboration, And Compliance
Identity Risk Solution for Franchisors with SecZetta
Franchise Identity Challenges
Reduce the Chaos, Costs, and Risks of Providing Access to Franchisees, Suppliers, and Vendors: A Robust Identity Control Solution for Franchisors
Not All Franchises Are Created Equal, But the Identity and Access Challenges They Create Are.Download White Paper
SecZetta Can Help
Our solutions provide a comprehensive set of capabilities that help retailers improve the operational efficiency and reduce the cost and risk of managing third-party identities. With SecZetta, retailers are able to manage the lifecycle of their third party, non-employees, vetting each individual, and pro-actively (and continuously) assessing their risk.
Retailers providing third-party access to users in their supply chain can ensure that access is based on least privilege, meaning the appropriate privileges are granted for the appropriate resources at a specific point in time, and that access is terminated in a timely manner when it is no longer required. For retailers looking to hire large seasonal staff, bulk uploads of new users are supported.
With SecZetta, retailers have better transparency into the relationships they have with each third-party identity and are thus able to make well-informed, risk-based decisions about provisioning, verifying, and deprovisioning access.
Improve Operational Efficiency
- Timely, accurate, and actionable information from a centralized, authoritative source for non-employee data
- Collaboration hubs enable internal & external resources to input information needed for third parties
- “No-code” design allows users to customize portals and workflows without technical resource support
- Workflows accelerate onboarding, simplify audits, and enable timely deprovisioning
- Standardized APIs ease integrations for: HRIS, IGA, IAM, vendor, and risk management systems
- Automate time-consuming and costly manual processes with customizable workflows
- Speed time to value for new non-employees with accurate and efficient provisioning
- Cut the high cost of maintaining non-employee data in HR and contingent labor systems
- Reduce the risk and costs associated with misclassification of employees and co-employment violations
- Stop supporting costly proprietary systems that struggle to meet evolving requirements
- Risk ratings can be assessed for individual third-party identities
- Automated workflows can be created to support identity re-validation audits
- Transparency into third-party relationships results in less over-provisioning and timelier deprovisioning
- Standardized APIs ease integrations for identity proofing, licensing validation, and credentialing systems
- An authoritative source for third parties helps avoid misclassification or co-employment
- Audits can be streamlined, reducing manual processes